- (1970) Peru – World Relief provides vital aid to earthquake victims
- Bangladesh – following a devastating cyclone, World Relief helps dig 200 new wells, distribute food, rebuild homes and care for 200,000 orphans.
- (1972) Vietnam – World Relief cares for 100,000 war-displaced people
- Ethiopia – World Relief responds to severe famine.
- (1975) Cambodia – World Relief provides food and medical care to refugees fleeing the Khmer Rouge genocide.
- (1979) US – World Relief launches its refugee resettlement ministry, helping Vietnamese boat people adjust to life in America.
- World Relief is the only evangelical agency authorized by the US State Department to resettle refugees.